Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Transgender Makeup - Part 4- Makeup Thoughts - Part 3

Even more parts of parts. :)

This is part 4 of my Transgender Makeup series.  As I've said in the earlier parts, I'm by no means here to teach anyone how to use makeup as there are LOTS of people far better at it than I am and that's really better meant for Youtube as you can see what they are doing.  Rather I'm simply providing my thoughts on shopping for makeup and what has worked FOR ME, obviously your mileage can/will vary.

While I've got a lot of makeup sitting across the room, some expensive, others very cheap; there are a few things that are near and dear to my heart.  I've covered most of them already such as the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ foundation, and my NYX blush; however, there are a few other things that I really like and thought deserved mention here.

- Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Mascara and Line Stiletto Liner.  These are "lower end" mascara and liners - well at least cheaper than say what you might get at Sephora, etc.  However, I really like both of them and have used them for several years.  Well at least the mascara.  I love eye liner, especially liquid liner, but I don't have the steadiest of hands and have a little difficulty with their applicator so I tend to wear it more around the house as I have trouble getting it "just right".  However, they both go on nicely and look great.  If I had an issue it's that the mascara seems to have a funky smell - I don't notice it so much with the liner.  It's not any big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

- Benefit Cosmetics "They're Real" Mascara.  I was introduced to this mascara during the makeover/makeup lesson that I had at Sephora (detailed in an earlier blog entry).  Initially I had no interest in it as I was happy with my Lash Stiletto from above; but after seeing it on both myself and on M that day we both agreed it was worth it.  It's not nearly as cheap as the Lash Stiletto - it seems to run about $20-$25; although on occasion you can find it for that price with an included smaller tube which makes it a bit more reasonable.  It is so good that it's basically all I wear when I leave the house.  J also uses this although recently we got her a different one from Benefit Cosmetics - I *think* it's "Bad Girl", but I'm not positive on that, but she likes it as well.

- Sephora's Translucent Setting Powder.  This is also something I was introduced to during my makeover/makeup lesson and I really like it.  It's a loose powder and is simple for me to apply and does a nice job. It seems to be reasonably priced at around $15-$20 and it's lasted me forever.

- Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder.  This is what I used prior to the Sephora powder and it does a nice job; I just prefer loose powder so I normally use that, but in a pinch this works well and I often carry it in my purse just in case.  If I'm doing my makeup for around the house - which I find myself doing more and more - or perhaps running a quick errand I'll also use it as it's half as much as the Sephora powder and if I'm not going anywhere special or going to be gone a long time I might as well save a little bit of money. :)

- Maybelline's Color Tattoo Eye Shadow.  I just *LOVE* this stuff.  It goes on nice and dark which makes it much easier for me to do my makeup as it stands out so well.  It's not for those occasions when you are trying for a subtle look - it more or less reaches out and slaps you - but during the evening or for a dramatic daytime look it's wonderful to use.

I think I'm going to wrap this up here, I could go on and on as there is a lot of makeup over there - I've done a lot of experimenting and bless M's heart she's an expert at finding the stuff very cheap via sales, coupons, etc., so I never lack for the more reasonable things.  However, the things I've talked about in parts 2-4 of this little series are really my "go to" items that I use all the time or at least most of the time.  Like I said, I'm by no means a makeup virtuoso or anything; this was just some feedback and what works well for me.

As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment