Saturday, February 8, 2014

Random Musings

Not sure that musings is the proper word for what's to come, but it's late (or early depending upon your perspective) so here goes.


  • Gas is by no means cheap, but J and I were bored earlier and I pondered what my foundation costs per gallon.  The answer to that is $4562.38.  Now granted that's probably a lifetime (or more) supply, but I was amazed at that number.
  • Facial hair.  I've had seven or eight sessions, I've lost count; and I see a lot of progress.  However, taking a good look in the mirror today that was tempered with the fact that I've had a lot of the hairs turn white.  From what I've read that means they were "damaged" but not killed and now the laser won't work on them.  I guess I need to have a chat with the laser tech and see if she needs to turn it up some more - though I shudder at the pain - of if I need to start Electrolysis in place of or in addition to the laser.  I knew I would have to at some point, but seeing so many white hairs was really upsetting.
  • By this time next week I'll be getting ready to leave the hotel to go see Dr. Arnkoff to lose a couple of things.  I already had my humorous post on that subject, but now as the day grows nearer the apprehension grows.  I mean, I'm traveling nearly 600 miles each way to have somebody physically remove my testicles while I'm awake and I'll be paying him $2500 to do it.  Doesn't seem like the best way to spend a long weekend, much less $2500, much less over Valentine's Day; but J is so supportive I can't begin to express my gratitude.  Hopefully she'll still feel that way the few days afterwards as I can just imagine how much fun I'll be to be around.
  • Weather.  I've lived through worse individual snowfalls than we've had this year; but I can't recall the last time we had so many significant snowfalls.  And the cold on top of it.  It got so bad that the window in my daughters closet just up and cracked from the cold last week.  And we have the thermostat set for 74 give or take up here.  If it would've been one of those windows in the basement I might've understood it, but seriously....
  • Reddit.  Where have you been all of my life?  Seriously, some of the subreddits are so great.  The AskTransgender one, the Funny one, the Aww one, and so on.  The AskTransgender has been a great resource recently; and the others have given me more laughs in a couple of weeks than I probably have had in 43 years.  Keep up the great work.
  • I understand that transitioning is often difficult at best.  I also understand that I'm incredibly lucky at how mine has gone so far.  Those two things being said, I still have times were I get a little down in the dumps about things such as my facial hair above and such.  When I do I try and find inspiration in others; one of them is SerenaLynn84 - her Youtube videos always give me fresh optimism on my own transition is going.  The changes she's accomplished over 18 or so months are phenomenal.  Even if part of me knows I'll never look as good as she does for example, even a portion of the changes she saw would make me happy.  Moral of the story, try and stay positive and don't get down on yourself.  You don't have to look like somebody like Serena, or Jenna Talackova, etc., to be happy.  

I guess I should cut this off and get a nap in.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment