Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Restaurant Rant

I haven't had much to talk about the last few days, so it's been quiet around here, but I managed to get agitated today and thought I'd share that here.

It really agitates me when restaurants shove some new product down my throat via television, print media, and so on only to discontinue it a short time later.  There are plenty of examples, but I'll start with today's agitation and that's with McDonald's.

They rolled out their "Mighty Wings" nationwide a few months back and while they were very good, they were priced fairly high for what they were.  I tried them once or twice and liked them, but I just didn't think they were worth the money.  So a few weeks ago they "re-rolled" them out cheaper - $5 for 10 which was a much better price point and I've had them a couple of times since then.  Well I went to take my daughter to get lunch today and I settled on those, and what do you know they don't carry them anymore - at least not at the store closest to us.  I can only assume that they brought them back at the reduced price to liquidate inventory or something.  All that money spent on advertising and such and the product is gone.

Taco Bell is a worse offender; it seems like once a month they have some "new thing" and they push it worse than McDonald's ever did with the wings.  Then the item is gone.  What kills me is quite often they have most if not all of the ingredients there anyway to make it, so why take it off the menu and upset people?  It's gotten to the point where I won't go there anymore; although I'll probably make an exception to try their breakfast before it's gone.

Plenty of other restaurants are guilty of this and for that matter overhauling their menu.  Hey Wendy's I'm talking to you - I've had it with the constant changes to your "value menu".  Again, I won't be back.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment