Thursday, October 24, 2013

Missouri Name Change / Gender Change Update

As I discussed in this post (http://stltg.blogspot.com/2013/10/going-to-court-for-namegender-change.html), I recently went to court for my name and gender change.

To update that post, I finally received my license two days ago; but still have not received my birth certificate which is starting to get frustrating.  I did receive the paperwork from my attorney today confirming my name publication is complete so there is nothing more to do about that other than wait for the Vital Records department to do their thing.

Then barring something unexpected in hopefully less than two weeks I should receive the court order for the gender change and can start this process over again.  It's funny, we're only talking about changing a "M" to a "F" on a piece of plastic; but it will mean a lot to me.  Not to mention I'll feel much more comfortable when I'm out since I'm living as Madison full-time and my ID shows "M" and my picture is still of my "pre-Madison" self.

I guess I shouldn't be frustrated - in all fairness a lot has been accomplished in roughly 15 months since the decision was made and for the most part (taking work out of the equation), it's all gone well, so I suppose I will be grateful for all of that and bide my time on the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment