Tuesday, November 12, 2013

St. Louis Area TG Experiences - Part 4

Another in a series of posts detailing experiences out and about in the St. Louis area as a Transgender Woman.  

UPDATE:  Since the "prior" posts links were getting a bit long, there is now a page with links to all of the posts:  My Transgender Experiences.  Additionally, I've went back and added more links and made some updates to some of the individual entries below since over time some things have changed.


Services:
  • *UPDATE* - Exquisite Threading (Clayton, Missouri) - I've been there two more times since my original post.  The first of those two visits, I had the same lady I had the prior time - she remembered me, so I guess I still stand out more than I'd like.  However, once again she did a tremendous job; my eyebrows would've rivaled any CIS-Woman's after she was done.  HOWEVER, the most recent visit - which was sooner than normal as I had gotten spoiled to have my brows so nice, I got somebody else.  Had if I hadn't had such a great job the two prior times I might've said this was a great job; but in comparison it suffered.  She was a bit sloppy on the outer edges and didn't bother to trim them down after the threading like they normally do.  It wasn't really noticeable until I got home in some bright light in the bathroom; so like I said it wasn't "bad"; just not as great as it had been in the past.  Still highly recommended.
  • *UPDATE* - Susan Jacobsen (Attorney, Brentwood, Missouri) - Ms. Jacobsen assisted me with my legal name (and gender) change recently.  Both of those have now been completed, although I won't get the certified copy of the gender change until later this week.  Everything I said about her in the initial review still stands.  She is a wonderful person to work with; she has been incredibly accessible via email (my preferred method of communication); but also returns calls promptly.  She's been proactive and I know this sounds almost silly, but "caring".  Sometimes I basically need my "hand held" for things and she's done that adeptly.  Couldn't speak more highly of her.

Retailers:


  • *UPDATE* - Wal-Mart (Wentzville Missouri) - I'm still a little hesitant to use dressing rooms at some retailers; but this is NOT one of them.  The various ladies at the fitting room have always been polite and professional and I don't hesitate to shop for clothes there.
  • Schnucks (Wentzville, Missouri) - Probably not quite as friendly as the Shop-n-Save I rave about; but I've never had any issues here.  I think the Schnuck's at Hwy K & Hwy N and the one in Lake Saint Louis are nicer stores (newer too?); but this one is in a more convenient location since it's near a Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Dierberg's, Best Buy, etc.
  • Dierberg's (Wentzville, Missouri) - I would rank them at or near the Shop-n-Save as far as friendliness.  The only reason we don't shop here as often is that they are generally higher priced than Shop-n-Save and not as close to home.  But the associates have all been tremendously helpful and friendly and I don't hesitate at all to shop here.
  • Sam's Club (Wentzville, Missouri) - I normally visit here with "M" and while nobody is overly friendly; I've had no issues here.

Restaurants:
  • Qdoba - (Dardenne Prairie, Missouri) - My wife likes this a lot more than I do; although their chips and queso is very good; and they now have one of the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines which is nice for her - I only drink plain Coke so that doesn't help me either.  The couple of times I've been in there I've been treated politely and respectfully and will continue to visit.
  • Hardee's (Wentzville, Missouri) - They have a lot of food I like and they also have the Freestyle Coca Cola machine.  Again, I've always been treated politely and respectfully there.

I think that'll cover it for now, thanks for reading.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment