Thursday, November 28, 2013

What Am I Thankful For

I basically wrote this same post in my submissive blog at my wife/Mistress's request; but I thought it deserved to appear here as well:

What Am I Thankful For?  Actually quite a bit.  However, I don't want to go on all day so I'll give a list of 9 that I'm incredibly thankful for:


  1. I'm thankful for my daughter.  There have been plenty of ups and downs over the years, but when my first wife and I got divorced; my daughter chose to stay with me which was always something special to me.  I'd like to see her show more initiative on things and perhaps go back to school; but regardless of that I love her and cherish her.
  2. My wife/Mistress.  I simply could not ask for a more wonderful wife; much less Mistress.  It's been a few hours under 4 weeks now since we agreed to "try this out", and they've been the most wonderful 4 weeks of my 43+ years of life.  I could go on and on; but I won't - I'll simply say how much I love her both as a wife and as a Mistress and that I can never do enough to show her how special she is, but I will continue to try each and every day.
  3. My roommates.  This one is a little weird and bears some explanation as there is often stress in the house and the majority of it revolves around them.  However, without having been married to "M", I wouldn't have my daughter today; nor would I likely have my wife/Mistress today; and for that I'm eternally grateful despite anything else.  I'm also grateful that she has been supportive of my gender change and provided a great deal of assistance with things.  I'm grateful for her husband, even though he's among the crabbiest people I've ever met.  Truth be told, I see a lot of the person I used to be in him, which is a constant source of amusement for me since if "M" didn't want me, why did she end up with someone like me?  However, when he's in a decent mood, he can actually be pleasant to be around; but what I'm really grateful for is that somehow he keeps "M" happy; and despite anything in the past, I do consider a friend - well more of a sister - and I want her happy and if he can do it - well then I'm grateful for that.
  4. My friend Destiny.  Seeing her last summer is what gave me the impetus to pursue my gender change.  Without that "push" such that it was I'd not be Madison today.
  5. My friends Mandy, Nicole, and Elena.  I've had many supportive friends; but these three stand out.  It's easy to be "Facebook Friends"; but these three have repeatedly invited me out  with them as Madison and treated me as an equal.  This isn't a slam on any of my other friends as I was never very social in the first place; but for the three of them to go out of their way to do what they did - I am extremely thankful for that.
  6. My cats.  We have seven, which is several too many, but they are all rescued cats and I hope we're giving them a far better life than they had in some shelter or out in the wild.  Each of them is special in their own ways; from the way Sampson comes up and cries to be fed, to the way Princess sits on the back of my desk chair as she is now, to the way our first (Emily) appears to be going a little senile, they're all special to me and have provided me plenty to be thankful for.
  7. My uncle Jim and Aunt Sissy.  I won't go into my family itself - I've done that in my regular blog here: http://stltg.blogspot.com/2013/10/friends-family-and-being-transgendered.html and here: http://stltg.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-friends-and-being-transgendered.html, and frankly it's a bit depressing sometimes.  However, these two wonderful people are very special to me and I'm very thankful for them; and hope they invite me to their 50th wedding anniversary in 15 years. :)
  8. My Mother-in-Law and Father-in-Law.  Not for the tangible things they've done for me or for my wife; but for the fact that they conceived and raised the most wonderful woman I've ever met.  I'm not overly big on religion; but I do give thanks *EVERY DAY* for this.
  9. Last, but certainly not least a wonderful woman named Janet - actually "Miss Janet" to me, and at one point long ago "Mistress Janet".  I owe her so much; she taught a young naive person a lot about the world and the world of BDSM.  She's been a trusted sounding board for me over the years.  To this day I'm thankful that we can keep in touch and that she has taken the time to provided my wife/Mistress not only a sounding board as well; but also insights into the person I once was and the person I truly hope to be come again.  

I think we'll leave it at 9.  I'm sure there are others I could've/should've listed here; but these are the ones that came to mind right away and they are all special for various reasons that I've included here as well as many others.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment