Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Being A Submissive Transgender

As I alluded to the other day some changes have taken place between myself and my wife besides my legal name and gender changes.

This post will touch on Dominance and Submission (D/S) and if that is not your cup of tea, then I would suggest not reading further.  The topics are here are by no means "adult"; I prefer to keep this blog as "general reading", and this post will focus more on the "power exchange" aspect, but I realize that it's not everyone's thing.

Both my wife and I are naturally submissive people.  That's proven to be a challenge over the years as we've both went back and forth trying to be the dominant partner in our marriage and we've never had any success.  However, on our fourth wedding anniversary which was just under two weeks ago; my wife proposed we try again with her as the dominant partner.

I was initially apprehensive as while we are both naturally submissive, she always seemed to be the more submissive of the two of us - she's lived that life style before and she "gets it".  I lived it before, but it was not a full-time thing like her and the reality is that I was young and things were different then, I'm now older and I really "didn't get it".  At it's purest form, D/S is about "Power Exchange" between individuals.  Each D/S relationship is different due to the dynamics between any two given people.  It can be as simple as one partner making decisions such as what to have for dinner, or up to giving up complete and total control of everything in your life to someone else.  Most tend to fall somewhere in the middle with limits are discussed/negotiated.

When my wife suggested it several days ago; things were different. With her promotion a few months ago she's become a different person.  A better person.  Not that anything was ever wrong with her; but she has finally become able to stand up for herself and speak her mind when it's appropriate instead of simply taking whatever was pushed her way.  I was torn as to what to do as most recently we had tried things with me as the dominant and this would mean that I had failed (yet again); and I felt selfish for letting her do this.

She asked for one week to "prove herself" (her words, not mine) and I readily agreed.  All I can say is "WOW", she is a different person now and I couldn't love her more.  She can and does make decisions, she has no issues expressing her opinions, and so on.  When I agreed to this, I figured in for a penny, in for a pound, so I told her I had no limits; therefore we'd be at the far end of the spectrum as a total Power Exchange.

I can't lie, it's been difficult at times as to suddenly go from being the "more dominant" personality in the relationship to one that is totally submissive is quite a change.  She's been moving carefully with things, but we've never been happier together.  As I said I don't necessarily want to get into specifics in order to keep this from turning into an Adult blog; but I wouldn't trade my situation for anybody's.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment