Friday, November 8, 2013

Gender Change

It's been several days since I've posted here.  A week ago today was my fourth wedding anniversary - we've been together for closer to eight.  Our marriage was significantly altered that day - for the better - but that's for another post.

Today's topic is my Gender Change.  Monday, marked 30 days since my court appearance.  As I've detailed in a prior post the name change was granted immediately and the gender change was supposed to be "under consideration" for 30 days.  When I spoke with my lawyer last week she implied that the judge was actually going to hold it until I got my amended birth certificate.  As luck would have it, when I got home Monday evening, the birth certificate was waiting for me in the mail box.  I again spoke with my lawyer on Tuesday and she spoke with the judge's clerk who said it would be signed on Wednesday.

Well here we are on Friday and I haven't heard anything, nor has "Case.Net" been updated.  So with it being a long weekend (Veteran's Day on Monday), I contacted my lawyer to see if she had an update.  She did not, but she promptly called the judge's clerk and found out that the order has in fact been signed and the clerk has just been busy; but that it will go out this afternoon or possibly Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

So while I don't have it in hand, it does appear that I'm now actually legally a female as far as the State Of Missouri is concerned.  I still have to have my license updated and birth certificate amended a second time each; but it's a small price to pay in my mind.

With that I'm going to cut this short; but I'll be back over the weekend to explain the comment in the first paragraph.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment