Monday, September 1, 2014

A Wonderful Weekend

As J is on a "rotation" schedule (4 on, 2 off), her days off don't align with mine very often; but as it happened they did this week.  Originally the "plan" was for M, J, and myself to go get our eyebrows threaded on Saturday morning.  I prefer to go completely "done up" as I seem to get a better job done when I'm in full makeup and such than I do if I show up "casual", which would have meant being up *early* on Saturday morning.  Well J and I didn't get to bed very early on Friday night so we didn't want to get up very early on Saturday.  I worked it out with M that her and I would swing by the threading place on Monday as I had promised to take her and P to a Japanese festival since they have to work the evening prior and she didn't want to drive on little sleep and with it being a holiday I was off.  J would get hers done later in the week when she went to visit her parents.

However, by the time this happened, J and I were awake - in hindsight we should have went ahead and gotten our eyebrows done, but by then M was heading to bed.  J was going to go get us lunch, but at the last minute I decided I'd like to go with her and we had a nice lunch together, ran by the bank, and did some grocery shopping.  It sounds silly, but we had a good time.  I made dinner that evening, pulled buffalo chicken sandwiches and scalloped potatoes, and we watched some television and even got some walking in.  It was a nice evening.

But today was even better.  We got up fairly early as J was going to see about going to her parents, but they had plans so we started to settle in and do "nothing" - but at the last minute we decided to go see a movie.  In 8 years we've been to only two - the "Simpsons Movie" and the fourth "Indiana Jones" movie, so it's been several years since we've went.  We caught the 11am showing of Guardians Of The Galaxy - it was pretty good, although I didn't like it as much as some of the other "Marvel Movies" such as Iron Man or the Avengers, but it wasn't about the movie, but rather about spending 2+ hours in that theater with J.  We snuggled and enjoyed ourselves more than we had in a long while.

After the movie we went across the parking lot and had a nice lunch at Qdoba, it's not someplace that I'd normally "ask for", but I know J likes it and truthfully it was a good lunch.  From there we ran by the grocery store to get a few things for dinner and then by Wal-Mart to pick up some prescriptions for M that we had forgotten to get the day before.  We came home and did "this and that" - me prepping dinner - seafood quesadilla's and taquitos, J did some laundry and so on.  It was mundane stuff, but we were together and it was again wonderful.  I know it probably sounds silly to have enjoyed the time while I was grating cheese and she was doing our laundry, but I did.  We spent some more time together this evening before she went to bed - she has to work early - in fact I should probably get some sleep, but I'm working while I'm typing this so it's productive time.

Suffice it to say it was the best weekend I've had in a *long time* - arguably the best one J and I have had - the trip to Detroit for my orchi was very good too - but most of that weekend she was "taking care of me" in hotel rooms versus us actually getting out and doing things so I'd rank this one higher and I can't wait for the next time our days off line up like this.  I love you so much sweetie. :)

And since I've been slacking about thumbnails on my posts - here's a picture from the other day.  I'm still struggling with the new hair, but it's growing on me. :)


- M

No comments:

Post a Comment