Monday, January 27, 2014

HRT And Hot Flashes?

The last couple of nights I've woke up multiple times - this in and of itself isn't news as I've always had that issue and a couple of medicines I'm on are diuretics which doesn't help.  However, these last couple of nights I've woke up with basically what I guess are "hot flashes".  I've been on HRT for 13 months give or take and these last couple of nights are the first time I've dealt with something like this.  Perhaps it's not really that as it seems like the majority of people on similar medicine to me do not have this issue.  But whatever it is, it is annoying.  Assuming that it is hot flashes I'm really curious as to how the orchiectomy will affect them as everything I've read says that can be a common side effect.

Onto another topic, yesterday was not an overly good day.  J, M, and myself were going to finally get around to getting our eyebrows threaded.  We run to a place about 30-40 minutes away to do it.  Well, we were running behind mainly because of me and I was overly crabby.  Well I was crabby enough that the ride was pretty much in silence which eventually pi**ed me off.  Well we finally get to the place and go in, they had three people doing the threading, but only one was free so J went first.  While M and I were sitting there she brought up going over to the Galleria to go to Sephora and peek into the Microsoft store.

Now some background here, I wanted to get some more of the foundation I use from Sephora - it does a great job for me (Makeup Forever Mat Velvet liquid) - and M needed something for her lips.  We had intended to go previously and hadn't made it.  Well we had intended on swinging by a Sephora to get that taken care of - my intention was West County Mall or even Mid Rivers (although that's not my favorite since they don't have a full Sephora there - it's in JC Penny's).  However, M's husband had been pestering her to go to the MS store to play some game - I have no idea what, nor do I care.  Well we had thought about going to get our eyebrows done a couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday evening and he apparently wanted to go.  I wasn't a fan of that as the threading takes about 5-10 minutes for all three of us to be in and out and that would've barely given him time to get upstairs to the MS store.  Well we didn't end up going that night anyway.  Well today as I said M mentioned to me about running over to Sephora so she could also peek into the MS store and before I could really say anything it was our turn.  However, when we got to the car I hurt a bit (they have a lot of work to clean mine up) and was more than a bit crabby.  So we drove over to the mall and while driving around to find a parking place I finally lost it with her.  In a weird way I do sort of like her husband, but truth be told he's an a**hole; often to her and that bothers me.  You know, even though we're not married anymore I do think of her as a sister and do care about her.  Sometimes J and I wonder if she only stays with him because he buys her this and that.  She says she loves him and maybe she does; but why she puts up with him and his attitude - well that boggles me.  Not to mention there's a financial issue in that we all four own the house and as such would think we're each 1/4 responsible for the bills; however, what he pays barely covers his portion of the house payment and perhaps electricity.  That leaves, gas, water, trash, phone, Internet, DirecTV, the food he does eat (although he does get a large portion of his own food due to what he eats), and so on.  I personally deposit over 1.5 times what M and her husband do towards the house and that's wrong.  She made the statement today that he agreed to what he's paying when he moved it and that's true.  However, since then his name is now on the house and 5+ years have passed.  Over time expenses go up; not to mention that amount was for him to move in with M in her room; not have his own room such as he does.  I guess there's no point in continuing to debate this; but suffice it to say in the last five years I've personally put between $70,000 and $100,000 MORE towards the house than M and her husband together.  This would've paid for my SRS and a breast augmentation as well probably 3 times over and that's frustrating; but I guess it's either deal with it or for J and I to leave which has financial consequences.  I'm guessing we'll stay; but it does get old.

The bad part is that if you can get her away from him, M is pretty good to be around and I do care about what happens to her.  But "it is what it is", so enough of that.

I guess I should wrap this up, it's nearly 7am and it's Monday so work beckons.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment