Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Missouri Gender Change Redux

As I mentioned 10 days ago (in this post: http://stltg.blogspot.com/2013/11/gender-change.html) the judge legally approved my gender change this month.  Well today I finally got my copies of the certified court order and the paperwork from my lawyer to change it with the state.  Up until now it's been almost surreal; but now it's starting to sink in that I am finally legally a woman.

I'm not sure how quickly I'm going to change my license, but I'm going to file the paperwork with the state for getting my birth certificate change this week.  If the one for the name change is any indication it'll probably take a month or so which mean that hopefully I'll have it right around Christmas.

It's funny how a little piece of paper can mean so much; but it does.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment