Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Followup To J's Post

I thought I'd take a moment to add some thoughts to the entry J wrote that I posted earlier this morning.  In general I seem to paint a very rosy picture of things, and I think that's fairly accurate.  That being said, life for us is not all "Rainbows and Unicorns".  We do have disagreements like probably virtually all married couples.  There are days that one or both of us is crabby or mopey.  There are days when M, M2, or P get on our nerves or us theirs.  That being said though, I wouldn't trade the life I have now for anything.  The few downs that we do have are a drop in the ocean of ups we have.

J also made references to her past and how it affects/affected us; and those were true.  However, I obviously have a past as well and the difference is that a large part of that past (and present) involves M.  The fact that we share the house does throw that in J's face on a daily basis, and has to make it hard on her sometimes; but yet she handles it with grace that I probably wouldn't have if the situations were reversed.  The way *I* see it is that our pasts matter, you cannot avoid that as those things do help define who we are today.  However, it would not matter to me what her past was as I love J for who she is and I believe she loves me for who I am.

Beyond that there really was not anything I did not agree with and I appreciate her taking the time to write it.  I'm by no means a blogging expert, much less an expert on Blogger itself; but I did find that I could add her as an author to this blog which I have done.  Hopefully, she will be a regular contributor going forward.  I will close this with a photo of us from yesterday.  Please ignore the squinting as we were staring pretty much directly into the sun - lesson learned. :)

- M


No comments:

Post a Comment