Friday, October 3, 2014

A Year Of Legally Being "Madison"...

It was one year ago tomororw that I went to court to get my name (and gender) legally changed.  I went into details about that day HERE, it was definitely a good day for me.  I've had a lot of good days in the last year and for all of those I'm very grateful.  Don't get me wrong there have been some bad days too - getting so sick a few months ago, those times when J and I do fight, and so on.  But those few lows, despite how low they may have been - well they simply pale in comparison to all the good.  From a selfish perspective it's nice to hear "Madison" and know it's my name; it's nice to have the "F" on my license and birth certificate; it's nice to be even more confident and happy when I do choose to venture out of the house.

But all of that is minor in comparison to the happiness that I have with J.  She means so very much to me and I know without a doubt that I would not have ever undertaken my transition without her and her unconditional support.  Not that I haven't had support from others such as M, D, and so on; and I'm not trying to minimize the help it's been; but J is the person who has allowed me to finally be me and I'm eternally grateful for that.

Normally I try and write something longer on Fridays for the weekend, but I intend on writing something else this weekend so I think I'll cut this short now.  Let me part on this - J I love you more than anything and as good as the last year has been I sincerely hope the next year and all the years after that one are better and better.

I've been a little lax about thumbnails lately, so I'll share a picture of my first attempt at cake pops earlier today.  I don't eat many sweets at all, but my daughter P tried one and she seemed to really like it so I'll have to assume that appearance aside that they must have came out pretty good.  :)


- M

No comments:

Post a Comment