Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Quest For A Bra

I'm a bit frustrated over my breasts these days.  I've got noticeable growth, if you rely on the size difference between a tape measure beneath the breasts and on the nipples I'm right at a B cup.  Well that seems great until you factor in the fact that I'm about 45 inches around under the breasts which puts me in a 44 or 46 bra.  It would seem that a B cup in that band size is large enough to hold a cantaloupe which is a problem for me.  So what I had been doing is struggling with a 42B which is more snug than I'd like but at least the cup size is more reasonable.  At least that's what I thought.

I've got three or four 42B's that have come from Wal-Mart, I don't know the brands off hand - I think some of them are Playtex, I'm too lazy to go pull them out to look at the moment.  Two white ones, one black one, and one beigh-ish.  These work reasonably well as long as I wear my inserts - they're the small ones that supposedly add a "cup size".  They give me reasonably sized breasts, although perhaps a bit small for my body size.  Well a few months ago I ordered a 44A bra/panty set from Evans which is apparently a British company.  Well I get them and the panties are large enough for myself and another person to wear and the bra is actually marked as 44B and looking into it further that's as small as it comes from a cup size perspective.  I initially considered sending it back, but it was a really pretty bra and wasn't all that expensive so I wanted to keep it.  However, the cup size resembled what I would consider a D or DD and that was a problem.

My solution at the time was to order some breast forms off of Ebay.  For anybody that's every tried this, smaller sizes (9 and below) are very reasonable but once you get to double digits, well all bets are off.  I bid on dozens and finally the same day won both a size 10 and a size 11.  I really only needed one or the other, but so be it.  They are nice and do fill the bra nicely along with some 44/46 C/D ones I have.  However, while they are probably proportionate to my body size, they are obviously large and that presented me two issues.  One is that I'm 43 years old without experience having breasts that size and as such I'm not used to working around them when eating, etc.  The second is that they are large enough that they started to draw attention in public.

With the growth I've gotten the last several months, I finally shelved the forms and went back to the inserts and the smaller bras, which leads me to today's agitation.  Torrid was running a BOGO 50% bra sale and I ordered M and J a couple.  I intended on ordering myself a couple and had them picked out, but I waited too long and my first two choices no longer were available in 44B, and the others that were had "issues" of one sort or another.  So I started searching for 44/46 A/B cup bras again.  I found a site (ABraForMe.com) that had those sizes and had some on clearance.  So I ordered one particular bra in 42A/44A/46A, then I ordered a different on as 42B, and still a different one as 44B.  All of them but the 42B were in the $6-$7 range - the 42B was a touch over $13 (it retails for nearly $70 - who pays that for a bra????).  

Well they arrived today and it's the same issue, the cup sizes on all of them are way to big for me.  The A cup ones are all Glamorise (sp?) and are literally bigger than the B cup ones I already had.  The B cup ones are just as big as well.  They're not as bad as the one from Evans, but they definitely are bigger than I had hoped.  After giving it some thought I'm going to keep them as they were so cheap and they are usable with the inserts; it's just not quite what I was looking for.  I guess one of three things is going to have to happen:

1) More breast growth - ideally I hope for this, but I'm not sure how much more (if any) I'll see.
2) Lose some more weight - again ideally this is the goal and I'm assuming if I do then I'll fit into a smaller band and perhaps have better luck with things.
3) Eventually have breast augmentation.  Somehow I doubt I'd ever do this.  At my age, the cost just doesn't justify itself as it's easy 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of SRS and that is more important to me.

I'm not sure how much of a point I had with this post, perhaps I just needed to vent a bit which I've done.  As always thanks for reading.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment